The Harlow Town FC Academy is a 2-year, full-time education and football development programme for 16-18 year olds. It is ideal for school leavers looking to continue their education.
Academy Students will study a variety of nationally-recognised qualifications within sport, coaching and fitness managed by SCL.
SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of education through sport, and alongside our tutor Andrew Hale students will work towards:
- Year 1 - BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport
- Year 2 - BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport
Where required students will also study Maths and English GCSE or Functional Skills.
Students also take part in daily training from highly qualified FA coaches and play in the Conference Youth League and SCL Development League
Our coaching team consists of
- Danny Chapman - Harlow Town FC manager and UEFA 'B' licensed coach.
- Ibrahima Sonko - former Premier League and Senagal professional footballer
- Billy Jones - former professional footballer with hundreds of football league appearances
The Harlow Academy is designed to develop both the academic and playing talent of students, giving them the skills and qualifications to further their careers in the sport, fitness and leisure industry or go on to Higher Education. Career opportunities include:
- Access to University and Apprenticeships
- Playing professional and semi-professional football
- Football coaching in the UK & abroad
- Sports management
- Leisure management
- Sports development
The Harlow Academy is passionate about providing young footballers with quality coaching and an unrivalled education programme with potential to progress to the first team squad. Based within our state-of-the-art Harlow Arena facilities, we offer everything under one roof.
To find out more in-depth information about the course, visit http://wearescl.co.uk/harlow-town-fc.
If you are 16-18 and looking to pursue a career in football or the sport & leisure industry, the Harlow Town Academy could be perfect for you.